***PLEASE NOTE: Volunteers who are under the age of 18 must have parental approval. Please click here to download a hard copy application.
Bring the signed Application and Agreement to the Wishbone Pet Care between Monday through Friday. Alternately, you can mail your completed and signed Application and Agreement to: Wishbone Pet Care: 4755 Highway 6 - Missouri City, TX 77459 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pet Care Giver Kennel Tech
This person needs to be extremely easy going, self motivated, extremely trustworthy, and have an extreme love for the health and well-being of all animals. Must be able to work weekend/holiday.
- Must be comfortable handling all dog breeds in large group and sizes.
- Clean kennels & cages
- Feeding, cleaning, walking, bathing, and monitoring and care for the well being of dogs and cats.
- Doing laundry
- Play with the pets in daycare (indoor and/or outdoor area)
- Cleaning, maintaining and sanitizing all pet enclosures, exercise yards, and common areas.
- Walk dogs on leash to and from any fenced exercise area. Ensure that they are restrained and under control at all times in kennel area.
- Continuously monitor & maintain accurate kennel records on the chart that include, special diets and requirements, your observations of behavior and status of pet, and treatments or medications administered. Pay particular attention to signs of distress, illness or injury.
- Assist office assistant in daily operating activities such as placing outbound calls for follow-ups and reaching out to prospective clients, book appointments and minor data entry.
- Inform manager and/or owner of anything out of the ordinary.
- Must have good communication and customer service skills and be reliable.
- Feeds animals according to schedules and feeding instructions.
- Exercises animals to maintain their physical and mental health.
- Mixes food, liquid formulas, medications, or food supplements according to instructions, prescriptions, and knowledge of animal species.
- Performs animal grooming duties such as washing, brushing, clipping, cutting nails and cleaning ears.
- Examines and observes animals to detect signs of illness, disease, or injury.
- Provides treatment to sick or injured animals, or contacts veterinarians to secure treatment.
- Responds to questions from patrons, and provide information about animals.
- Cleans, organizes, maintains, and disinfects animal quarters.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Equivalent training under experienced pet care provider is a PLUS
- Experience: At least 6 month of related experience is a PLUS. We can also train the right candidate without experience
Skills: service orientation, Monitoring, Time management, Judgment and decision making, Customer Service, Answering phone and make appointment & Multi-tasks